Sunday, August 21, 2011

I am getting MARRIED!


 I haven't paid enough attention this since my first post. Part of that was because I didn't find a cool blog editor for free for Mac, so I am stuck with this generic look. Despite that though, I am very excited to announce I am getting married to the love of my life Brehona Shaelee Morris. After 6 years of dating I finally did the right thing and purposed to her. Before I get to far into any of this a background story is where I will start. Despite dating for 6 years I have known Bre for much longer we met when I was a sophomore and she was a freshman at Meridian High School. I was not lucky enough to actually date her until she was a senior and I was out of school living with my friend Marco.
 In the end though, the wait was obviously worth it as now I will get to spend the rest of my life with her. She truly is a remarkable person, and I feel like we are the perfect team. No matter what life has thrown at us we have found a way to survive it. Even today we battle new challenges with health and schedule, but I know none of this will be a problem as long as we are together. I won't make this post to long, but I just felt like it was important for me to express my true joy over her accepting of my asking of her to be my wife. The date of our wedding is set for May 31st the day after our anniversary. It is also her lucky number as it is her birthday, and the number she wore for soccer all her life. The day may seem far away, but in reality it is only 21 months away and the average engagement is 18 months. We have a lot of planning to do, and I have a lot of preparing to do. We both have school to focus on and finish and we both have plans of major fitness overhaul before the wedding. But I have never been as excited for anything in my entire life. I have 2 of my friends flying in from VA that I have not seen in far to long, and I will be surrounded by tons of people that I truly care about as we celebrate the best day of my life. 21 months may seem far away, but there is no doubt that I will cherish every moment until that day gets here. May 31st you can't get here soon enough.

2 comments: